Timeline: The Future According to Ray Kurzweil
(JANUARY 09, 2006 Computer World article)
· 2010: Computers become invisible.
· 2020: $1,000 buys a computer working at 10 quadrillion, or 1016, calculations per second.
· 2025: Computer are able to simulate the entire human brain.
· 2030: Nonbiological intelligence matches human intelligence in range and subtlety; $1,000 buys a computer 1,000 times more powerful than the human brain.
· 2045: The point of "singularity" is reached, when technical progress is so fast that unenhanced human intelligence can't follow it. One can no longer distinguish between our biology and our technology.
· 22nd century: Our intelligence, biological and nonbiological combined, saturates the matter and energy around us and begins to spread throughout the universe.