For sufficiently large classes this is a repeated project
that has the purpose of ensuring standardization and quality of our project work and deliverables.
This project is ideal for those interested in or having expertise in QA,
system testing, and system maintenance.
The team will perform the following tasks to review and evaluate this semester's projects:
Because we have several biometrics projects this semester,
it is important that this team carefully monitor the progress of these projects
to ensure that the work is properly coordinated and integrated.
- Read/review the project descriptions, progress reports, etc.
- For projects developing computing systems, test each system by creating additional data and running it through the system. If necessary, obtain help from the student teams that created the systems.
- Evaluate the quality, robustness, etc. of project system or other project deliverables.
- Contact each team to obtain the following information (probably best to use a survey, e.g. Survey Monkey):
how often they interacted with their customer, what went well, what did not go well,
recommendations to improve all aspects of the project process, etc.
- Write an 8 page technical report that summarizes your results.
This paper will be the project's technical paper and will be submitted to the Seidenberg Research Day Conference held in May.
The paper should briefly summarize the projects,
sort of like the A Decade Review of a Masters-Level Real-World-Projects Capstone Course,
but also include material related to the testing and evaluation of each system,
and general material related to the project development process.
Papers describing the QA projects for previous years can be found at