- Instructor: Prof. Sung-Hyuk Cha
- CRN: 22108
- Textbook: Mark Allen Weiss, Data Structures and Algorithms in Java,
- Course Goals:
The goals of this course are to extend and deepen the student's
knowledge and understanding of algorithms and data structures and
the associated design and analysis techniques.
We examine the basic data structures and investigate
the fundamental algorthms to manipulate them.
CS504 (Advanced Programming) and CS507 (Mathematical Methods in Computer Science)
- Lecture Notes: can be accessed using the http://blackboard.pace.edu.
Blackboard Login Procedures for Registered Students are available
|1 (9/8) ||Ch 1 Introduction & Ch 2 Algorithm
||Ch 3 Lists, Stacks, and Queues
||Ch 4 Trees
||Ch 4 Trees, HW1
||Yom Kipper: No class
||Ch 5 Hashing
||Ch 6 Priority Queues (Heaps)
||Ch 7 Sorting
||Ch 9 Graph Algorithms
||Ch 10 Algorithm Design Techniques|
due and presentation
| || |
- Quizzes (10%): There will be 10-minutes quizzes given at
the beginning of most lecture classes. Topics will be those covered
Your lowest score on the quizzes will be dropped.
- Homework (30%): There will be two homework
assignments. They will consist of a combination of written problems
and programming asignments.
- Midterm Exam (30%): October 24th
- Final Exam (30%): December 19th
- Course Policies
- All homeworks must be submitted at the beginning of the class.
No late homework will be accepted.
- No makeup for quizzes. One missed quiz is treated as the lowest score.