- Instructor: Prof. Sung-Hyuk Cha
- Textbook:Ian H. Witten and Eibe Frank,
Data Mining Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques with Java Implementations, Morgan Kaufmann, (1999)
- Course Goal:
The goal of this course is to introduce students to current machine learning and
data mining methods. It is intended to provide enough background to allow students
to apply machine learning and data mining techniques to learning problems in a variety
of application areas.
- Project: for description,
- Online Quiz: There will be four quizzes based on the previous lecture materials and reading assignments. Each quiz is due Friday morning, the day before the meeting. Quizzes are found in the blackboard.
|Meeting 1 |
|Intro & Decision Tree
||Chap 1 & 2|
|Meeting 2 |
|Chap 3 & 4|
|Meeting 3 |
||Chap 5 & 6|
|Meeting 4 |
||Chap 7 & 9|
|Meeting 5 |
- Project (50%):
- Online Quiz (40%): There will be three quizzes based on the
previous lecture materials and reading assignments. Each quiz is due Friday morning, the day before the meeting.
- Attendance (10%):