- Instructor: Prof. Sung-Hyuk Cha
- CRN: 40303 & 40709
- Course URL:
- Time: Online, Summer I 2006
- Place: Online
Peter Rob and Carlos Coronel,
Database Systems: Design, Implementation, and Management, 7th edition, thomson Course Technology, 2007
- Course Goals:
This course provides an introduction to database concepts, SQL, and web based database design. The major goal is to provide students with an understanding of the basic concepts underlying the use of a database system. A database management system and Perl will be used as a vehicle for illustrating some of the concepts discussed in the course.
- Lecture Notes: can be accessed using the http://blackboard.pace.edu.
Blackboard Login Procedures for Registered Students are available
|1 (5/31)||Intro Ch 1 & 2|
|2 (6/7)||Ch 3 & 4 Er & relational modeling|
||Ch 6 SQL
||Ch 7 Advanced SQL
||Ch 9 Transaction Management & Concurrency control
| || |
- Online Quizzes (30%): There will be weekly quizzes.
- Programming Assignments (30%):
- Final Exam (40%):